Notice of Non-Discrimination: Discrimination is Against the Law
eternalHealth complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, or sex. eternalHealth does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, or sex.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
- If you need these services, contact eternalHealth’s Civil Rights Coordinator at the phone number and address listed below.
If you believe that eternalHealth has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
Attention: Civil Rights Coordinator
31 Saint James Ave., Suite 950
Boston, MA, 02116
Local Phone Number: 617-934-5384
Toll Free Phone Number: 1-800-960-4585
You can file a grievance in person, by mail, by fax, or by email. If you need help filing a grievance, the Civil Rights Coordinator is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
Phone: 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.